Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2015

A Busy Day In Cologne


While I'm still in my home town with my parents and all of my friends until classes start, I still have my apartment in Cologne that needs my attention. After I was done with the exams I fled the city and the apartment that was still a mess from the chaotic morning the I had before taking my last exam. This exam released me into sweet summer vacation, a month in Greece! So naturally I couldn't wait to be done with the semester. 
But now that summer's over (on the northern hemisphere and at least for Germany), classes are approaching and that means that I'll have to go back to Cologne. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just means that the apartment needed to be cleaned! 
So I drove to Cologne last Tuesday and spent most of the day cleaning and buying things to clean the flat. (I assumed that pictures of that would be unnecessary and not pleasant.) 



Evening sky from my bedroom window in Cologne
 After I was done with cleaning, I spent the evening on my bed watching some episodes of my favorite shows and reading a book.

Dawn from my apartment in Cologne 

The next day was packed. Or at least my To-Do list was.
I had breakfast with Gianni, a friend that is a law student as well and moved here from Crete.
After breakfast I took the tram downtown to buy some stationary and maybe find some cloths.
I went to Muji, possibly the coolest place to get pens and notebooks. They have some other awesome products, too, but for now I am too obsessed with their stationary.

Then I went through the shops in such a rush that I forgot to take some pictures. But it would have been no good anyway because there were construction works all over the place (they seem to follow me by the way) so the pictures would have been spoiled either way.
But I took some of the Dome before taking the metro home.


Cologne Cathedral
Cologne Cathedral
After arriving home again I packed up my things while waiting for two classmates which came by to pick me up to get lunch. 

And it didn't take long for us to forget about healthy eating and dieting obsessions and just walk into McDonald's and order a burger. But it was near by and we were too lazy to decide on pizza or pasta or sushi. 
As you may have gathered by now my tendency to say yes to junk food and all things made out of pure evil sugar is a bad habit. It's an endless struggle.

Later we hung out at the place of the one classmate that lives in Cologne, too. She had such a beautiful apartment that it motivated me to make my apartment even cozier. I'll be furniture shopping and decor shopping the next couple of months. Especially because winter and christmas time will be coming sooner than some of us like. 
Not me; my sister and most of my friends are suckers for this holiday. 

Anyway, when I arrived in my home town again, I was so beat that after opening a few packets that had been delivered in the morning I went to bed. 

Hope you guys enjoyed the peek into my day. Stay tuned for more.
Until next time, guys.
Pavlos 



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen